Through the Broadcast Schedule section of the portal, you can set events by both recurring and one-time schedules. Refer to the screenshot and instructions below.
You can open the Broadcast Schedule by clicking "Launch Scheduler" or "Set Broadcast Schedule"
Add a Scheduled Broadcast
From the “Manage Broadcast Schedule” screen:
- Press the "Add a Broadcast" button
- Click the "1-time" or "repeating broadcast" line
- Click on the "Start Time" clock icon, then select a start time and date.
- Click on the "Stop Time" clock icon, then select a stop time and date.
- Verify that the times and broadcast length are correct.
- Enter a title for the event.
- Choose a category from the list of categories.
- Choose a time period for the item to remain in the list of “on-demand” archived broadcast.
- These settings only affect how long the broadcast remains on your player. After the set date, it will move into the Expired Archives section.
- “Viewer Access” determines whether the broadcast can be viewed by anyone or if access is limited to people who have a password. If the broadcast is meant to be viewed by anyone, leave it set to “Public.” If the broadcast should only be viewed by people with the password, then select “Private." If you select "Private," you will be asked to enter a passcode. You will have to provide that password to authorized viewers, and they will need it to view the live broadcast. You can create any password that you like, but it should be unique to that broadcast and not too complicated.
- Indicate whether to show the broadcast on the schedule. If you choose “No,” then people can view the live broadcast if it is “public” or if they have a password and the broadcast is “private”. They will also be able to view the archive if we send them a link.
- As before, Click "Add Broadcast"
- Select the day of the week for the broadcast
- Click on the "Start Time" clock icon, then select a start time and date
- Click on the "Stop Time" clock icon, then select a stop time and date
- Verify that the times and broadcast length are correct
- Enter a title for the event, such as “Friday night service”
- Choose a category from the list of categories
- Indicate how long the broadcast should be listed in the archive
- Click "Add Broadcast"
Changing a Scheduled Broadcast
To change an existing schedule, click on the Edit button on the "Actions" tab next to the event You wish to edit.
You can "Edit" anything that was specified when the schedule was created. You can also "Skip" or "Delete" a scheduled event.
To learn more about the Portal User Guide in StreamSpot, see the links to the other Knowledgebase articles below:
- Creating a Password Protected Broadcast
- Skip Broadcast
- Using Chat Functionality
- Download an Archive
- Upload a video file to your archives
- Viewer Limits
- Scheduling a Simulated-Live broadcast
- How to see who is watching live
- Forgotten Password
- Instant Roku Integration
- Creating additional users and administrators
- Manage Venue Information/Time Zone
- How to change your password
- Creating new users
- Manage On-Demand Archives
- Start and Stop a Broadcast Manually
- Switch Between Sub-accounts
- Logging in to the StreamSpot Portal