Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Supported features include:
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Intuitive audio mixer
- Multiple video sources filters
- Powerful configuration options
- Streamlined settings panel
- Real-time audio/video capturing and mixing
Broadcast with OBS
- Within Open Broadcaster on PC, click File -> Settings; on Mac, go to Open Broadcaster -> Preferences.
- Select "Stream" and choose "Custom Streaming Server"
- Enter the settings found in your MyStreamSpot customer portal (link here).
- Click "Output"
- Change Video Bitrate based on your internet speed. Best practices for your resolution can be found here
- Change Audio Bitrate to 128
- Click "OK"
- From the "Broadcast" interface, click "Start Streaming" to begin your broadcast.