Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Supported features include:
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
To Broadcast with OBS:
1. Within Open Broadcaster on PC, click File -> Settings; on Mac, go to Open Broadcaster -> Preferences.
2. Select "Stream" and choose "Custom Streaming Server"
3. Enter the settings found in your MyStreamSpot customer portal (link here).
- Click "Output"
- Change Video Bitrate based on your speed test result, we recommend 1200
- Change Audio Bitrate to 96
- Click "OK"
5. From the "Broadcast" interface, click "Start Streaming" to begin your broadcast.