Use Switcher Studio to broadcast to your StreamSpot account. Link your StreamSpot account with Switcher Studio Pro by entering your account details into the Switcher Studio Dashboard.
You can create a new channel in one of two ways: Using the Online Dashboard or from Within the app.
Create a new channel from your Switcher Studio Dashboard1
- Log in to your Switcher Studio Pro dashboard and link your StreamSpot account from the "Link Streaming Service" menu.
- Once your channel has been created, click on the "Speed Test" button inside the newly created StreamSpot channel setting to automatically detect the best resolution and bit-rate for streaming at your internet connection. Click "Save" to save your settings.
- Now return to the Switcher Studio Pro app and go to the "Outputs Tab" (looks like a satellite dish). Tap on "Streaming Video Platform" followed by the button next to it. Swipe down on the RTMP Channels pane to sync your channels with the Dashboard.
- Select "StreamSpot" as your RTMP Channel.
- Tap "Rec + Broadcast" to start streaming to StreamSpot
Finding your RTMP values
- Once you are logged in to StreamSpot, click on "StreamSpot Tasks" from the navigation menu and then click on "Setup Your Streaming Equipment".
- In the Other Supported Equipment section, choose "View Setup Instructions" from the "Setup Your Device" drop down menu.
- Take note of the Server URL and Stream Name.
Create new channel from within the app
- Launch Switcher on your iPad or iPhone.
- Open the “Outputs” tab (second tab on the bottom right panel).
- Select “Streaming Video Platform”. If it's already selected, tap the button on the right.
- Add a new channel by touching the button.
- In the “Server URL” field, enter the text you saw on StreamSpot, under “Server URL”.
- In the “STREAM” field, enter the text you saw on StreamSpot, under “Stream Name / Key/ID”. Tap “ok” to close the RTMP parameters window.
- You are now ready to stream. Just tap “Rec + Broadcast” to start streaming!