If your on-site streaming equipment is offline or not connected to the Internet, you may see an error like this:
This message denotes that there is an error with StreamSpot Sync due to connectivity to your on-site streaming encoder.
To resolve this issue:
Is the computer turned on and connected to the Internet?
- In order to broadcast, your encoder must be powered on and have a working Internet connection.
- If the power is out at your venue, your StreamSpot encoder should power back on and re-sync with your schedule without any intervention once the power restores.
Reboot the encoding computer.
- Although rare, sometimes your encoding computer can lock up and require a reboot. To reboot, simply press and hold the power button until all of the lights on the computer turn off, then wait 5 seconds and power the computer back on.
- Within a few minutes, your encoding computer should sync with your broadcast schedule and be ready to stream.
Call your local ISP or IT staff.
- If you've verified that the computer is powered on and your encoder is still showing offline, there may be an Internet outage in your area. Please contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and they can run a quick check to verify.
- You may want to check with your local IT staff (if applicable) to see if they've changed any network settings that would cause the encoding computer to go offline. Common changes include firewall changes, static IP changes and IP range changes.