vMix is a Software Video Mixer and Switcher that utilizes the latest advances in computer hardware to provide live HD video mixing for streaming, a task previously only possible on expensive, dedicated hardware mixers.
To broadcast using vMix:
1. At the bottom of the vMix console, click the Setup button within the "Stream" box.
2. Select "StreamSpot"
3. Enter the following credentials based on the screenshot below. For simplicity, your login credentials are the same as your MyStreamSpot username and password.
If you enter your credentials successfully, the name of your channels will appear in the "Channel" drop-down. Select the account you want to stream from the list of available options.
4. The quality of the broadcast you send to StreamSpot will be dependent on the Internet upload speed at your venue. The higher the upload speed, the better the broadcast will look. Please determine your Internet upload speed using a speed test (here is a link to a free speed test.)
5. Set the "Video Bitrate" based on the upload results.
6. Set Quality and Codec based on your speed test result. We recommend 1500kpbs using H264 with the Audio Bitrate at 96kpbs using AAC.
7. Leave Application: FFMPEG
8. Click "Save and Close"
9. From the vMix Console, simply click the "Stream" button to begin your broadcast.
For instructions on how to use the many features of vMix, check out the vMix Knowledgebase.
For more help with Supported Encoding Software, see the links to other Knowledgebase articles below: