A capture card is an easy way to take the feed from an existing audio / video source and prepare it for encoding. If your capture card is not displaying your inputs (i.e. black screen), here are several things to try:
- If you have a USB, Thunderbolt, or Firewire capture card, try reconnecting the card to refresh the encoder.
- Connect the card to a different USB port if available.
- Ensure the resolution and frames per second settings in the encoder match that of the input source.
- Ensure the correct input port is selected in the capture software (i.e. the camera is through HDMI but the capture card is configured to pull SDI).
- Ensure no other program is open and pulling the signal from the capture card. (Some capture cards can only show the feed in one program at a time)
- Restart the encoding computer or device.
- Restart the device.
- Ensure the drivers for the capture card are up-to-date and compatible with your encoding computer.
To learn more about how Video works in StreamSpot, see the links to the other Knowledgebase articles below: