What is a Viewer Limit?
The various StreamSpot plans offer respective limits on concurrent viewers. Concurrent viewers are the number of live & on-demand viewers able to watch the broadcast at one time. To see how many viewers your plan allows, please refer to the "Plan Usage Summary" on the right-hand side of your MyStreamSpot Customer Portal.
What you will see at the very bottom is the amount of concurrent viewers allowed on your StreamSpot plan. Above is the most concurrent viewers you have had at one time during a broadcast. This is to help you be aware of your viewer load in case you are about to incur an overage charge.
What happens if I exceed my account's Viewer Limit?
The StreamSpot platform constantly monitors each broadcaster's viewer count and manages viewer limits as follows:
- If your Total Concurrent Viewers are Within 75% of Your Account's Viewer Limit
- An email is sent to all MyStreamSpot Users for the accounts that have not opted-out of receiving notifications.
- The capacity limit that defines when additional viewer capacity will be added to your account is also defined in this email, see example below:
- If your Total Concurrent Viewers Exceed the Capacity Limit
- Additional viewer capacity is added to your account automatically in 100-viewer increments.
- An email is sent to all MyStreamSpot Users for the account that have not opted-out of receiving notifications letting you know that capacity has been added and that an invoice has been generated.
- Please note: No viewers will be turned away or not able to view your stream if you do exceed the viewer limits.
- Sample Email Notification:
- If the outstanding invoice is not paid within 24-hours of this notification, the account will be suspended for non-payment
- If your Total Concurrent Viewers Exceeds the LOCK Limit (Only Applies to Free Trials)
- An email is sent to all MyStreamSpot Users for the account that have not opted-out of receiving notifications letting users know that the broadcast will be locked.
- If the number of concurrent viewers exceeds the lock limit new viewers will see the following:
- The lock is removed once the number of concurrent viewers is below the lock limit or when the account is activated.