If you receive an error message stating that your encoding computer is offline, your onsite encoder (computer) is no longer registering with our servers and will prevent your StreamSpot broadcasts from starting and stopping. This is typically caused when your onsite streaming encoder (computer) is turned off or is not connected to the Internet.
1. Verify that the encoder is turned on. There should be a blue LED light on the front to identify that it is powered on.
2. Check the physical connection of the Ethernet cable. Verify that it is plugged into the jack on the back of the encoder (computer) and the jack on the opposite end of the cable.
3. Power cycle the encoder (computer). Hold down the front power button until the LED lights turn off, wait 15 seconds, then power it back on.
4. If it is still showing offline, verify that you have access to the Internet through another computer on the same network. It would also be a good idea to run a speed test to verify that the connection is stable.
5. If the above steps have been completed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can open a ticket and assist you in troubleshooting.
To learn more about encoders in StreamSpot, see the links to the other Knowledgebase articles below: