StreamSpot Sync is StreamSpot's patented automation software that allows for 100% automatic, unattended broadcasts based on your broadcast schedule. Every StreamSpot encoder is built with StreamSpot Sync already installed and configured.
StreamSpot Sync can be installed on third-party computers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10. (Windows 10 S, and Windows Server Editions, are not supported.)
Your PC must meet the following specifications and configuration parameters:
* For i3 systems specifically, a Gen 4 Quad-Core CPU is recommended
- To ensure a smooth installation: Please create a new local user on the Windows computer. Make the username and password 'streamspot' - and make sure the user is an admin. If you aren't sure how to do this, we can help set up a new user once we connect.
- Must be a dedicated computer used only for streaming
- Must by a physical machine - virtualized OS instances or virtual machines are not supported
- StreamSpot's remote support software must be installed
- Third-party anti-virus, firewall, policy-management, and other security programs must be disabled
- The Windows user-account must be an administrator, and must be a local account. Domain-user-accounts are incompatible.
- If your computer is on a managed-domain, or otherwise managed with remote end-point software or policies - you / your I.T department will need to disable any group-policy settings and / or management software that could potentially restrict system access in any way.
- Any cloud-synchronization tools such as Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox, should be unlinked and de-activated on the PC, as they can cause the installation to fail.
- You must know the password to your Windows account. The PIN is not sufficient.
Software that is known to conflict with StreamSpot Sync:
- PTZOptics Camera Control Plugin (Direct Access Version)
- ANY anti-virus, security, or end-point management software
IMPORTANT: It is the customer's responsibility to provide a machine in a suitable state to install StreamSpot Sync, this means making sure that the requirements listed above are met.
If it is determined that your machine does not meet the requirements above - agents reserve the right to declare the machine unfit for to run StreamSpot Sync, and will ask you to re-schedule once you have a PC in a suitable state for installation.
Preparing for Setup
Note: Inquire with support or sales to check if the fees mentioned below are currently being waived.
If you wish to install and use StreamSpot Sync (for Windows), there is a one-time setup fee of $99 that must be paid prior to any new installation.*
Ongoing support fees of $14.99 per month are required for technical support.*
To get started with StreamSpot Sync (for Windows), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or file a ticket at https://mystreamspot.com/helpdesk.
Windows®, Windows 7®, Windows 8.1®, Windows 10®, and Windows 10 S®, are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
*Fees may be waived for certain situations, for more information contact support