Facebook has its own standards and recommendations for live video. For an optimized experience with Facebook LIVE, please ensure that your broadcast settings are as follows:
- Facebook accepts video in maximum 1080p (1920x1080) resolution at 30 frames per second, with 1 key frame every 2 seconds.
- You must send an I-frame (keyframe) at least once every two seconds throughout the stream.
- Recommended max bit rate is 4 Mbps(4000 Kbps).
- Facebook accepts H264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio only
- 4 hour maximum length for live stream.
Advanced Audio Settings:
- Audio Sample Rate: 48 KHz
- Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbps mono
NOTE: These screenshots are from Flash Media Live Encoder. Settings and menu options will vary based on your encoding software.
It is possible broadcasts not meeting these specifications will be rejected by Facebook. In such an event, you will receive an e-mail similar to the one below:
Below are articles describing how to make these changes in various encoding programs.
Note: Due to restrictions from Facebook, broadcasts cannot syndicate to multiple destinations when sending to Facebook Live. Please visit https://developers.facebook.com/policy/ for more information.
If you require assistance making these changes, please contact StreamSpot Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.