Did you know that you can easily allow your viewers to enjoy your live & on-demand StreamSpot content on their HDTVs? Introducing Roku, a revolutionary device that acts like a cable-box for the Internet. Below are the items you'll need to provide to publish your Custom Roku Channel using StreamSpot:
The box connects over an HDMI connection and comes in multiple forms that vary in the quality and performance they offer. An entry-level "Roku Streaming Stick" offers the easiest way to get started and provides great quality at an affordable price. The Roku Ultra offers the highest in 4K streaming and is the top of the line box. There are many other models that can suit whatever needs and they can all be viewed from the Roku Products Page.
Included with StreamSpot Pro and Premiere streaming plans is a custom, standalone Roku Channel. A custom Roku channel allows you to promote your own channel containing your live and categorized on-demand content. This means your viewers who own a Roku device can now search in the channel store for your venue name and have easy access to all live and on-demand content.
To have a custom Roku channel developed please fill out the Roku Channel Submission Form linked here.
When submitting a request for a channel please include the necessary images featuring your logo to be utilized on the channel that meets the guidelines below.
*Splash Screen (1920 x 1080 JPEG or PNG file)
The Splash Screen displays while your channel is loading, here's an example:
The Channel Logo will display inside your channel, here's an example:
*Channel Store Poster (540 x 405 JPEG or PNG file)
The logo displays within Roku Search as a button to play your content. Here's an example:
*Small Logo for Roku Search (165 x 60 JPEG or PNG file)
The logo displays within Roku Search as a button to play your content.
Include with your images the color scheme for your channel including:
- Background Color
- Text Color (helpful hint, if you're using a dark background color, select light text color & vice-versa)
- Highlight Color (the color of the border when viewers navigate through content on your channel)
- Progress Color (the "loading" bar color for your channel)
You can choose any hexadecimal value, or the default colors as defined below:
- Red, Orange, Green, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Purple, Black and Gray
The following information is required to publish your channel:
- Channel Name
- Web Description (You may enter a channel description up to 1500 characters. This channel description may be used for U.S. web based marketing of your channel. It will not display on the Roku Player.)
- Description (A detailed description of the channel you are adding. This detail will appear in the Channel Store description of your channel.)
Here are some sample responses for reference:
Publishing your Channel:
Once your request ticket is created you will be notified by StreamSpot Support for the following events until it is published:
- Your channel has been created by StreamSpot engineers (with screenshots for approval)
- Your channel has been submitted to Roku for approval and publishing
- When testing has started on your channel by Roku
- Your channel is accepted or rejected by Roku for publishing (with notes)
Publishing times can vary from a few days to over a month, depending on Roku's queue size at the time of submission.
- Big BOLD logos and fonts with no small text accompanying the logo (Roku will reject the channel if it's not legible)
- No round corners or thin borders. If it's questionable, Roku will reject it.