StreamSpot makes every attempt to ensure that the services we provide are compatible with the never-ending list of Internet-connected devices. Despite our best efforts, anomalies can occur. Here is the current list of known issues and bugs:
- Clicking the fullscreen icon does not work for touch-screen Windows-based PCs (August 2016)
- To resolve: See: https://support.streamspot.com/hc/en-us/articles/228560888-Player-will-not-launch-to-full-screen-view-when-using-Google-Chrome
- Audio does not play when viewing a live broadcast encoded with FLME in Microsoft browsers (Internet Explorer and Edge) (June 2017)
- Workaround -> Switching from Flash Media Live Encoder to OBS (Open Broadcast Software) may resolve the issue
- Audio is scrambled and unable to be understood on some mobile devices (Android, iOS) (January 2018)
- Workaround -> See this article: Digital Audio interference
Merge Archive Tool
- Merging External video with streamed content may return mixed results.
- IE if you have a pre-produced video you've uploaded to StreamSpot as a bumper/preroll to merge with a streamed event. This is due to multiple content conflicts such as Resolution/Bitrate/Audio compression/profiles/file types.