Table of Contents
- What’s included in the box?
- Encoder Features
- Features- Back Side
- Features- Front Side
- Quick Start Guide
- Connect your StreamSpot One Encoder
- Connect your A/V equipment
- StreamSpot Knowledge Base
Congratulations on your StreamSpot ONE purchase! By utilizing StreamSpot Sync® automation, the StreamSpot ONE allows broadcasters to focus on their event without worrying about configuring, starting or stopping their broadcasts. Put plainly, it just works... automatically! We hope this user guide will help make setup as quick and painless as possible. When you're ready to install, please reach out to us at 513-609-4003 ext. 2 or by ticket during our standard operating hours (Eastern Time Zone).
1.1 What's included in the box?
Each StreamSpot One encoder arrives with the following items:
- One (1) StreamSpot ONE standalone encoder
- One (1) AC adapter
- One (1) USB Capture Card
- One (1) USB Cable
- Velcro tabs for optional mounting
2. Encoder Features
Below we break down which ports you’ll be using. Note that there may be small differences in placements of these ports compared to your device, but the same configuration is used across all of our encoders.
2.1. Features- Backside
- AC Power- This is where you’ll plug your power supply into your encoder.
- Ethernet ports- Connect your network to either of these Ethernet ports.
- USB ports- This is where you’ll plug your Capture Card into the encoder via the Blue USB cable included in your case.
There are several additional ports and inputs on the back of the encoder, but none of them are needed or used to stream.
2.2 Features- Front Side
- Line-In audio- This is where you can plug in audio via 3.5 mm jack.
- Power and Status Light- These lights will let you know your encoder is powered on and active.
- Power Button- Power your device on or off using this button.
3. Connecting your Equipment
Depending on your purchase, your StreamSpot ONE will include one of 2 Capture Cards.
HDMI Capture Card SDI Capture Card
3.1 Connect your StreamSpot ONE Encoder
- Unbox your StreamSpot ONE and AC power cable.
- Connect your router or modem using an Ethernet cable and either Ethernet port located on the back of the encoder.
- Connect your AC power to the encoder and plug into a power source.
3.2 Connect your A/V equipment
- Connect the USB Port on the Capture Card to one of the USB ports on your StreamSpot ONE encoder with the solid blue USB cable included. Any USB port will work.
Do not cover the fans on the top on the StreamSpot ONE with the placement of the Capture Card.
- Plug your HDMI or SDI source into the Capture Card.
- For an HDMI card use the left HDMI port labeled 'input.'
- For SDI use the right port that is labeled 'input.'
- If you are sending audio over stereo, connect the 3.5mm stereo jack into the line in input on the front of the encoder.
4. Knowledgebase Articles
For more help with your equipment, see the links to other Knowledgebase articles below: