Table of Contents
- What’s included in the box?
- Encoder Features
- Features- Back Side
- Features- Front Side
- Quick Start Guide
- Connect your StreamSpot One Encoder
- Connect your A/V equipment
- Viewing the camera
- StreamSpot Knowledge Base
Congratulations on your StreamSpot One purchase! By utilizing StreamSpot Sync® automation, the StreamSpot ONE allows broadcasters to focus on their event without worrying about configuring, starting or stopping their broadcasts. Put plainly, it just works... automatically! We hope this user guide will help make setup as quick and painless as possible. When you're ready to install, please reach out to us at 513-609-4003 ext. 2 or by ticket during our standard operating hours (Eastern Time Zone).
1.1 What's included in the box?
Each StreamSpot One encoder arrives with the following items:
- One (1) StreamSpot One standalone encoder
- One (1) AC adapter for StreamSpot One
- One (1) Gigabit 5-port router with AC Power Cable
- One (1) POE Injector with AC Power Cable
- One (1) RCA to 3.5mm audio cable
- One (1) Headless HDMI Dongle
2. Encoder Features
Below we break down which ports you’ll be using on your encoder. Note that there may be small differences in placements of these ports compared to your device but the same configuration is used across all our encoders.
2.1. Features- Backside
- AC Power- This is where you’ll plug your power supply into your encoder
- HDMI Port- This is where you'll plug in the HDMI dongle that came with your bundle. StreamSpot Support may rarely ask that you plug in a monitor to your encode for troubleshooting. You can utilize this port to do so.
- Ethernet ports- Connect your encoder to the included router with either of these ethernet ports.
2.2 Features- Frontside
- Line-In audio- This is where you can plug in audio via 3.5 mm jack
- Power and status lights- A light which indicates whether or not your device is powered on and active.
- Power Button- You can power your device on or off using this button. Simply hold the button down for a few seconds to power the device off.
3. Quick Start Guide
3.1 Connect your StreamSpot One Encoder
- Unbox your StreamSpot One, router, and various cables.
- Connect the included router using ports 1-4 to the StreamSpot One using an ethernet cable. Either ethernet port on the back of the encoder will work.
- Connect the included router using an ethernet cable to your site's local network. Be sure to use eth0 port. This port will be labeled with an arrow and is also pictured below.
- Connect your headless HDMI dongle to the port on the pack of the encoder.
- Connect the AC power of both the encoder and router to a power source.
3.2 Connect your A/V equipment
1. Connect your IP camera to the included router using ports 1-4. The camera is powered by a POE injector and must be connected to it, shown below.
2. Connect your audio source to the 3.5 mm audio jack. If needed, use the RCA to 3.5mm cable included with your encoder.
3.3 Viewing the camera
Note: You MUST be on the same subnet and network as the camera to access and control it. You can easily accomplish this by plugging your laptop or other devices into the router StreamSpot provided.
- Download and install the PTZOptics Camera Control software onto your Windows or Mac computer. PTZOptics has a mobile app too: PTZOptics Mobile App
- Once you’ve installed the software, you'll need to add each camera to the software. Use the IP address StreamSpot provides you to do so. If you need these credentials, please contact support.
- From here you can move and control your camera and tweak the shot to your liking.
- Log into MyStreamSpot.com, set your schedule, and start streaming!
For more help with your equipment, see the links to other Knowledgebase articles below: