Note: This guide is only for Pro and Premiere customers. StreamSpot Lite customers can NOT stream directly to StreamSpot from the Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro. This is due to Blackmagic limiting the encoder's output-resolution to 1920x1080, while our Lite customers have an account-level limit of 1280x720
The Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro is an all in one video input switcher and encoder that allows you to stream to your favorite destinations. It allows you to plug in multiple camera-feeds and control them from one central hub and then output that feed however you wish. It is a great option for a hardware encoder. Follow along with the instructions below to set up your ATEM Mini Pro with StreamSpot!
Note: these screenshots are taken on MacOS but the steps will look very similar on Windows.
First, connect your Atem Mini Pro to your PC / Mac, install the Atem Control Software, and verify that the software is communicating properly with the Atem.
1. You will need to go to this folder on your Mac - /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers
To do this on MacOS, Open Finder, then go to the menu and choose Go -> Go To Folder...
Enter: /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Switchers
To do this on Windows, Open File Explorer, you’ll find the 'Streaming.xml' file at this location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic ATEM Switchers\ATEM Software Control
2. Copy your "Streaming.xml" and paste a copy on your desktop. This is the.XML file we will work off of. If you enter something wrong, you can always copy and paste the original to try again.
3. Right-click and then open up the copy of the Streaming.xml in TextEdit on Mac, or with a Notepad on Windows.
4. Copy the Facebook code starting with <service> and ending with </service>.
5. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Streaming.xml file and paste the Facebook code. You will want to add a space after </service>, hit the tab key, copy the code, and leave </streaming> at the bottom. Change the name from "Facebook" to StreamSpot and change the Facebook server URL to the RTMP URL found in your customer portal.
After you are done, save the file.
6. Rename the other streaming file from the folder "StreamingOriginal.xml" and drag and drop your new "Streaming.xml" into the folder. The Atem Mini will only read a file called "Streaming.xml"
6. Restart or open your Atem Software Control and you will now see "StreamSpot" as an option.
7. Next, get your stream key from the customer portal, and insert it into the "Key" area of the ATEM Control.
8. Click the ON AIR Button to begin streaming to StreamSpot.